Real Estate Statistics
Community statistics are calculated by Real Estate Webmasters and are for illustration purposes only, accuracy is not guaranteed.
Property Types (active listings)
HODGSON REAL ESTATE LISTINGS
What's your home worth?
Get a FREE Comparative Market Analysis in today's market.
Overlooking Whitemud Creek Ravine at its east, the community of Hodgson is a lovely blend of beauty and convenience. Several ponds and parkways are interspersed within the community, while Rabbit Hill Road to the west, and 23rd Ave at its south gives the area easy access to major roadways. The commercial hub of Terwillegar Heights Towne Square, The Market at Magrath, and Shoppes of Terwillegar Gardens provide residents a wide range of amenities right at their doorstep.
What schools do I have access to in Hodgson?
Brander Gardens School (Elementary, K-6)
Riverbend School (Junior High, 7-9)
Lillian Osborne School (Senior High, 10-12)
St. Monica (Pre-K, Elementary)
Archbishop Joseph MacNeill (Elementary, Junior High, K-9)
Mother Margaret Mary (Senior High, 10-12)
What amenities are near Hodgson?
- For people living in the community of Hodgson, a quick five-minute drive south along Rabbit Hill Road provides convenient access to the ever-expanding Currents of Windermere. This huge shopping district offers a variety of big chain stores such as Wal-Mart, London Drugs, Canadian Tire, Cabela’s, Home Depot, Wine and Beyond, Winners and HomeSense to name just a few. It also contains many amenities like massage, dental and doctor’s offices, medical imaging, hair and nail salons, banking, as well as a conveniently located Safeway. For a night-out, Currents of Windermere gives the surrounding communities prime access to Cineplex Odeon Windermere Cinemas and VIP where you can enjoy a glass of wine or beer while watching the latest blockbuster in spacious seating, along with many dining options such as, Brown’s Socialhouse, Chilli’s Texas Grill, Boston Pizza, Montana’s Cookhouse, Red Robins, and (soon-to-come) Milestones and The Keg. For quick dining there is a large variety of take-out, drive-through, and dine-in options, including but not limited to: MacDonalds, Tim Hortons, Quiznos, Starbucks, Coras, and Five Guys Burgers and Fries. This is not a comprehensive list of shopping and amenities within Currents of Windermere as it is continuing to expand.
For more information and a complete list, please visit: http://www.shopcurrents.ca
- Located on the opposite side of Terwillegar Drive (170th Street SW) from the Currents of Windermere, and a short drive down Windermere Blvd, is Windermere Crossing. This is a smaller shopping hub than the Currents of Windermere, but it includes a Superstore, a tailor, a nail salon, Starbucks, a liquor store, several banks, as well as dining options like: Teriyaki Corner, Subway, Chopped Leaf, Dairy Queen, Panago Pizza, and State and Main. This is another commercial centre within the community that is continuing to grow, with new businesses being added often.
For more information, please visit: http://www.camdevcorp.com/projects/windermere-crossing/
- Terwillegar Heights Towne Square, The Market at Magrath, and Shoppes of Terwillegar Gardens are a hub of more commercial centres located at the intersection of Rabbit Hill Road and 23rd Avenue, right outside the community of Hodgson. This intersection of amenities offers dine-in restaurants including an Original Joe’s, Hart’s Table & Bar, Delux Burger Bar, Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria, Amore Pasta. This commercial complex also provide dine-in/take-out/fast food options like KFC, Taco Bell, Edo Japan, Little Caesars, Dairy Queen, Tokyo Express, Orange Julius, Starbucks, Subway, Panago Pizza, and Tim Hortons. Some of the services available to the area range from liquor stores, to car washes, to banks, to grocery stores, to gas stations, fitness centres, and salons.
- A quick drive down Rabbit Hill Road residents of Hodgson will have easy access to Riverbend Square Shopping Centre. This shopping complex has a full range of restaurants, shopping, and services. For dinning, Riverbend Square includes an A&W, Second Cup, Subway, Wok N’ Go, a 24-hour MacDonald’s, Domino’s Pizza, Quizno’s, Pho’s Xpress, Curry Corner, Saigon Cuisine, and Oliveto. A Safeway is conveniently located in the heart of Riverbend Square, and right next door is a Shopper’s Drug Mart, M&M Food Market, a registry, and a Dollar Store. Just some of the amenities available to the community of Hodgson in this hub are: several banks, a liquor store, a fitness centre, and the Riverbend location of the Edmonton Public Library.
What types of recreation is near Hodgson?
- Hodgson is a short drive down Rabbit Hill Road to Terwillegar Park, an enormous off-leash dog park in the heart of the beautiful river valley. The parks and the North Saskatchewan River provide this community’s residents with a unique balance of convenience and nature.
- Neighbouring Hodgson to the east is the Terwillegar Recreation Centre. This brand new facility has several ice-rinks, an enormous workout area, a large swimming centre, and several fast-food restaurants.
For more information about Terwillegar Recreation Centre, as well as a full list of their amenities and programs please visit: https://www.edmonton.ca/activities_parks_recreation/terwillegar.aspx
- Within a ten minute drive of Hodgson are three lovely golf courses nestled into the lush fauna against the bank of the North Saskatchewan River: River Ridge (both a public and private club), Windermere Golf and Country Club (exclusively members-only for golf, but does host public events such as parties and weddings), and Jagar Ridge Golf Club, which is a public course.
Start Searching For Your Next Home
Intuitive search features make finding your next home fast and easy.Start Searching
Does Hodgson have a community league?
- Hodgson is part of The Ridge Community League, which includes the surrounding communities of Henderson Estates, and Falconer Heights. The community league hosts events and activities in the area.
For more information, please visit: http://theridgeonline.ca
What is commuting like in Hodgson?
- With fantastic access to major roadways and public transit, commuting from the community of Hodgson is a breeze. With only a short drive down Rabbit Hill Road, residents can be on the Anthony Henday in minutes. Whitemud Drive can be reached along the nearby Terwillegar Drive (170th Street SW) and Leger Transit Centre is just a few minutes away.
For more information of specific bus routes, please visit: http://etstripplanner.edmonton.ca/PlanYourTrip.aspx
I hope you have found this information helpful and relevant to your home search. If there is anything else you would like to know about there community of Hodgson, or homes in the area, please feel free to contact us, we’d be happy to assist you in any way we can.
Riverbend Edmonton Communities
Start searching for your dream home now.
When it comes to convenience, our site is unparalleled. Whether you're in the comfort of your home, or on the go.
Our site works flawlessly on multiple devices so you can find the information you need.