Real Estate Statistics
Community statistics are calculated by Real Estate Webmasters and are for illustration purposes only, accuracy is not guaranteed.
Property Types (active listings)
BRANDER GARDENS REAL ESTATE LISTINGS
What's your home worth?
Get a FREE Comparative Market Analysis in today's market.
With the curve of the North Saskatchewan River wrapping around its western and northern edge, and overlooking Fort Edmonton Park and John Janzen Nature Centre, is the secluded neighbourhood of Brander Gardens. The majority of the homes in the Brander Gardens were built in the 1970’s, giving style of homes and layout of the neighbourhood a unique and nostalgic feel. Many of the original dwellings have been updated and renovated over the years to offer a more modern up to date home. However, there are still many original owners in the community who have raised families in the area and continue to enjoy this prime location. Homes in Brander gardens offer many different styles, and property types to fit any home buyers requirements. Brander Gardens is a fantastic community with much to offer it's residents. This is why many who live in the community are long time community members.
Brander Gardens FAQS
What schools will I have access to in Brander Gardens?
Brander Gardens School (Elementary, K-6)
Riverbend School (Junior High, 7-9)
Strathcona School (Senior High, 10-12)
Lillian Osborne School (Senior High, 10-12)
St. Monica (Pre-K, Elementary)
St. Mary (Elementary, K-6)
Archbishop Joseph MacNeill (Elementary, Junior High, K-9)
Mother Margaret Mary (Senior High, 10-12)
*This may not be a comprehensive list of all available schools for this community. For more information, visit: https://www.epsb.ca or https://www.ecsd.net
What amenities are near Brander Gardens?
- At the heart of Brander Gardens is Riverbend Professional Centre. This shopping complex has a full range of conveniences, from the popular Café O’Play, to the Riverbend Easy Mart, to dining options such as: Taste Buds Take-Out & Catering Indian, Chicago Pizza Express, King’s Garden Noodle House, and Olympus Donair. There are also a number of services, including Riverbend Veterinary Clinic, Paul Sadler Swimland, Riverbend Dance Academy, Music Together of Northern Lights, Riverbend Hairstyling, Squeaky Clean Car Wash, and Riverbend Child’s Pavilion.
- A short walk from Brander Gardens along Riverbend Road is the small shopping complex of Terwillegar Park Shopping Centre. This little spot has a 7-Eleven, and other amenities such as: Riverbend Barbershop, Hair Extensions by Barbara Lorraine, Secret Sweets, Caesar’s School of Music, an Edward Jones location, as well as a Generation’s Kindergarten and Greenfield Community Nursery School.
- Just a two-minute drive down Riverbend Road is the Terwillegar Heights Shopping Centre, a small complex with an Esso gas station, a dental office, veterinary clinic, liquor store, a hair salon, as well as dining options such as Pizza Hut, and The Bend Lounge.
- Across Terwillegar Drive from Terwillegar Heights Shopping Centre is another small commercial centre called Brookview Plaza. Brookview Plaza has additional amenities such as: Boston Pizza, a dental office, a Husky gas station, a pet groomer, a Montressori Child Development Centre, and a Gymboree Play & Music Centre.
- Riverbend Road will also take residents of Brander Gardens to Riverbend Square Shopping Centre, where residents will have access to a full range of restaurants, shopping, and services. For dinning, Riverbend Square includes an A&W, Second Cup, Subway, Wok N’ Go, a 24-hour MacDonald’s, Domino’s Pizza, Quizno’s, Pho’s Xpress, Curry Corner, Saigon Cuisine, and Oliveto. A Safeway is conveniently located in the heart of Riverbend Square, and right next door is a Shopper’s Drug Mart, M&M Food Market, a registry, and a Dollar Store. A liquor store, several banks, a fitness centre, and the Riverbend location of the Edmonton Public Library are also a convenient location for resident of Brander Gardens.
- Terwillegar Professional Centre is located just at the corner of Terwillegar Drive and Riverbend Road (before it becomes 23rd Avenue) and contains several wonderful amenities for the neighbourhood such as: a Mac’s convenient store, Pizza 73, The Medicine Shoppe, Bikate Salon, Dental Oasis, and Edmonton Fire Station 24.
- Following Riverbend Road from Brander Gardens until it becomes 23rd Avenue is a commercial hub located at the intersection of 23rd Avenue and Rabbit Hill Road. This commercial centre is made up of Terwillegar Heights Towne Square, The Market at Magrath, and Shoppes of Terwillegar Gardens. This intersection of amenities offers dine-in restaurants including an Original Joe’s, Hart’s Table & Bar, Delux Burger Bar, Famoso Neapolitan Pizzaria, Amore Pasta. This hot spot also provides dine-in/take-out/fast food options like KFC, Taco Bell, Edo Japan, Little Caesars, Dairy Queen, Tokyo Express, Orange Julius, Starbucks, Subway, Panago Pizza, and Tim Hortons. Some of the services available to the area range from liquor stores, to car washes, to banks, to grocery stores, to gas stations, fitness centres, and salons.
- Ten-minutes from the neighbourhood of Brander Gardens, along Terwillegar Drive NW (170th Street SW), is the Currents of Windermere. This huge shopping district offers a variety of big chain stores such as Wal-Mart, London Drugs, Canadian Tire, Cabela’s, Home Depot, Wine and Beyond, Winners and HomeSense to name just a few. It also contains many amenities like massage, dental and doctor’s offices, medical imaging, hair and nail salons, banking, as well as a conveniently located Safeway. For a night-out, Currents of Windermere gives the surrounding communities prime access to Cineplex Odeon Windermere Cinemas and VIP where you can enjoy a glass of wine or beer while watching the latest blockbuster in spacious seating, along with many dining options such as, Brown’s Socialhouse, Chilli’s Texas Grill, Boston Pizza, Montana’s Cookhouse, Red Robins, and (soon-to-come) Milestones and The Keg. For quick dining there is a large variety of take-out, drive-through, and dine-in options, including but not limited to: MacDonalds, Tim Hortons, Quiznos, Starbucks, Coras, and Five Guys Burgers and Fries. This is not a comprehensive list of shopping and amenities within Currents of Windermere as it is continuing to expand.
For more information and a complete list, please visit: http://www.shopcurrents.ca
- Located on the opposite side of Terwillegar Drive (170th Street SW) from the Currents of Windermere is Windermere Crossing. This is a smaller shopping hub than the Currents of Windermere, but it includes a Superstore, a tailors, a nail salon, Starbucks, a liquor store, several banks, as well as dining options like: Teriyaki Corner, Subway, Chopped Leaf, Dairy Queen, Panago Pizza, and State and Main. This is another commercial centre within the community that is continuing to grow, with new businesses being added often.
For more information, please visit: http://www.camdevcorp.com/projects/windermere-crossing/
Start Searching For Your Next Home
Intuitive search features make finding your next home fast and easy.Start Searching
What types of recreation activities are available near Brander Gardens?
- The North Saskatchewan River valley and Whitemud Park are just a short walk down the hill from Brander Gardens, where lovely on-leash trails meander along the river’s edge, and there are beautiful little picnic sites for family barbecues, on-site washrooms, a designated equine trail, and a tobogganing hill for winter fun.
- For a whole day of family fun, the historic Fort Edmonton Park and toddler-friendly John Janzen Nature Centre are also within walking distance for residents of Brander Gardens.
For more information on Fort Edmonton Park, please visit: https://www.fortedmontonpark.ca
For more information on the John Janzen Nature Centre, please visit: https://www.edmonton.ca/attractions_events/john-janzen-nature-centre.aspx
- From the community of Brander Gardens, it is a super-quick drive to Terwillegar Park, an enormous off-leash dog park in the heart of the beautiful river valley. Even if you don’t have a dog, this park is a beautiful spot for a walk, run, or bike ride along the network of nature trails.
- Down Riverbend Road from the community of Brander Gardens is one of the best parks in the city: Ramsay Park. Not only does it have a large playground, but it also has a small skate park and a basketball court and is nestled in a large open green space of soccer fields, baseball diamonds, and hills- great for tobogganing in the winter.
- Travelling south along Riverbend Road, which becomes 23rd Avenue as soon as you cross Terwillegar Drive NW (170th Street), is the Terwillegar Recreation Centre. Terwillegar Recreation Centre has several ice-rinks, an enormous workout area, a large swimming centre, and several fast-food restaurants.
For more information about Terwillegar Recreation Centre, as well as a full list of their amenities and programs please visit: https://www.edmonton.ca/activities_parks_recreation/terwillegar.aspx
- From Brander Gardens you can get to three lovely golf courses in less than 20 minutes. River Ridge (both a public and private club), Windermere Golf and Country Club (exclusively members-only for golf, but does host public events such as parties and weddings), and Jagar Ridge Golf Club, which is a public course, are all nearby.
Does Brander Gardens have a community league?
- Brander Gardens is part of Riverbend Community League, which includes the surrounding communities of Ramsay Heights, Brookside, and Rhatigan Ridge. The community league hosts events and activities in the area.
For more information, please visit: https://www.riverbendonline.ca
What is commuting like in Brander Gardens?
- Brander Gardens has convenient access to Whitemud Drive through 53rd Avenue, as well as access to Terwillegar Drive NW via Riverbend Road NW, and Terwillegar Drive NW (170th Street SW) takes Brander Gardens’ residents a few minutes south to the Anthony Henday.
- Several major bus routes take commuters to South Campus LRT Station and Transit Centre, Southgate LRT Station and Transit Centre, or to the Leger Transit Centre, just steps from Terwillegar Recreation Centre. From Leger Transit Centre, there are several bus routes that will take commuters to Century Park Transit Centre and LRT Station.
For more information of specific bus routes, please visit: http://etstripplanner.edmonton.ca/PlanYourTrip.aspx
I hope you have found this information helpful and relevant to your home search. If there is anything else you would like to know about there community of Brander Gardens, or homes in the area, please feel free to contact us, we’d be happy to assist you in any way we can.
Riverbend Edmonton Communities
Start searching for your dream home now.
When it comes to convenience, our site is unparalleled. Whether you're in the comfort of your home, or on the go.
Our site works flawlessly on multiple devices so you can find the information you need.