Real Estate Statistics
Community statistics are calculated by Real Estate Webmasters and are for illustration purposes only, accuracy is not guaranteed.
Property Types (active listings)
HENDERSON ESTATES REAL ESTATE LISTINGS
- All Listings
- $400,000 - $500,000
- $500,000 - $600,000
- $600,000 - $700,000
- $700,000 - $800,000
- $800,000 - $900,000
- Over $1,000,000
What's your home worth?
Get a FREE Comparative Market Analysis in today's market.
Bordering a western bow of the North Saskatchewan River’s is the beautiful community of Henderson Estates. This community was built in the 1980’s and completed in the 1990’s and offers a wide range of unique architectural designs along spacious, tree-lined streets. The majority of homes in this neighbourhood are larger single-family dwellings with only a few duplexes.
Henderson Estates FAQs
What schools do you I get access to in Henderson Estates?
Earl Buxton School (Elementary, K-6)
Riverbend School (Junior High, 7-9)
Strathcona School (Senior High, 10-12)
Lillian Osborne School (Senior High, 10-12)
St. Monica (Pre-K, Elementary)
St. Mary (Elementary, K-6)
Archbishop Joseph MacNeill (Elementary, Junior High, K-9)
Mother Margaret Mary (Senior High, 10-12)
What amenities are near Henderson Estates?
- Henderson Estates is located just minutes away from Riverbend Square Shopping Centre, where residents will have access to a full range of restaurants, shopping, and services. For dinning, Riverbend Square includes an A&W, Second Cup, Subway, Wok N’ Go, a 24-hour MacDonald’s, Domino’s Pizza, Quizno’s, Pho’s Xpress, Curry Corner, Saigon Cuisine, and Oliveto. A Safeway is conveniently located in the heart of Riverbend Square, and right next door is a Shopper’s Drug Mart, M&M Food Market, a registry, and a Dollar Store. A liquor store, several banks, a fitness centre, and the Riverbend location of the Edmonton Public Library are just some of the amenities conveniently accessible to the community of Henderson Estates.
- Terwillegar Professional Centre is located just at the corner of Terwillegar Drive and Riverbend Road (before it becomes 23rd Avenue) and contains several wonderful amenities for the neighbourhood such as: a Mac’s convenient store, Pizza 73, The Medicine Shoppe, Bikate Salon, Dental Oasis, and Edmonton Fire Station 24.
- A quick drive down Rabbit Hill Road from Henderson Estates is a commercial hub located at the intersection of 23rd Avenue and Rabbit Hill Road. This commercial centre is made up of Terwillegar Heights Towne Square, The Market at Magrath, and Shoppes of Terwillegar Gardens. This intersection of amenities offers dine-in restaurants including an Original Joe’s, Hart’s Table & Bar, Delux Burger Bar, Famoso Neapolitan Pizzaria, Amore Pasta. This hot spot also provides dine-in/take-out/fast food options like KFC, Taco Bell, Edo Japan, Little Caesars, Dairy Queen, Tokyo Express, Orange Julius, Starbucks, Subway, Panago Pizza, and Tim Hortons. Some of the services available to the area range from liquor stores, to car washes, to banks, to grocery stores, to gas stations, fitness centres, and salons.
- Less than a ten-minute drive down Rabbit Hill Road or Terwillegar Drive NW (170th Street SW) will take residents of Henderson Estates to the Currents of Windermere. This huge shopping district offers a variety of big chain stores such as Wal-Mart, London Drugs, Canadian Tire, Cabela’s, Home Depot, Wine and Beyond, Winners and HomeSense to name just a few. It also contains many amenities like massage, dental and doctor’s offices, medical imaging, hair and nail salons, banking, as well as a conveniently located Safeway. For a night-out, Currents of Windermere gives the surrounding communities prime access to Cineplex Odeon Windermere Cinemas and VIP where you can enjoy a glass of wine or beer while watching the latest blockbuster in spacious seating, along with many dining options such as, Brown’s Socialhouse, Chilli’s Texas Grill, Boston Pizza, Montana’s Cookhouse, Red Robins, and (soon-to-come) Milestones and The Keg. For quick dining there is a large variety of take-out, drive-through, and dine-in options, including but not limited to: MacDonalds, Tim Hortons, Quiznos, Starbucks, Coras, and Five Guys Burgers and Fries. This is not a comprehensive list of shopping and amenities within Currents of Windermere as it is continuing to expand.
For more information and a complete list, please visit: http://www.shopcurrents.ca
- Located on the opposite side of Terwillegar Drive (170th Street SW) from the Currents of Windermere is Windermere Crossing. This is a smaller shopping hub than the Currents of Windermere, but it includes a Superstore, a tailors, a nail salon, Starbucks, a liquor store, several banks, as well as dining options like: Teriyaki Corner, Subway, Chopped Leaf, Dairy Queen, Panago Pizza, and State and Main. This is another commercial centre within the community that is continuing to grow, with new businesses being added often.
For more information, please visit: http://www.camdevcorp.com/projects/windermere-crossing/
- Just a little ways north along Terwillegar Drive (170th Street NW) will take Henderson Estates residents to Terwillegar Heights Shopping Centre, a small complex with an Esso gas station, a dental office, veterinary clinic, liquor store, a hair salon, as well as dining options such as Pizza Hut, and The Bend Lounge.
- Across Terwillegar Drive from Terwillegar Heights Shopping Centre is another small commercial centre called Brookview Plaza. This shopping area is a short drive from Henderson Estates, providing further access to amenities such as Boston Pizza, a dental office, a Husky gas station, a pet groomer, a Montressori Child Development Centre, and a Gymboree Play & Music Centre.
Start Searching For Your Next Home
Intuitive search features make finding your next home fast and easy.Start Searching
What types of recreation are near Henderson Estates?
- Henderson Estates is one of the neighbourhoods situated the closest to the North Saskatchewan River and Terwillegar Park, an enormous off-leash dog park in the heart of the beautiful river valley. This park is a beautiful spot for a walk, run, or bike ride along the network of nature trails.
- Travelling south along Riverbend Road- which becomes 23rd Avenue as soon as you cross Terwillegar Drive NW (170th Street)- for just a few minutes, is the Terwillegar Recreation Centre, which has several ice-rinks, an enormous workout area, a large swimming centre, and several fast-food restaurants.
For more information about Terwillegar Recreation Centre, as well as a full list of their amenities and programs please visit: https://www.edmonton.ca/activities_parks_recreation/terwillegar.aspx
- Henderson Estates is close to three lovely golf courses: River Ridge (both a public and private club), Windermere Golf and Country Club (exclusively members-only for golf, but does host public events such as parties and weddings), and Jagar Ridge Golf Club, which is a public course.
Does Henderson Estates have a community league?
- Henderson Estates is part of The Ridge Community League, which includes the surrounding communities of Falconer Heights, and Haddow. The community league hosts events and activities in the area.
For more information, please visit: http://theridgeonline.ca
What is commuting like in Henderson Estates?
- Rabbit Hill Road NW and Riverbend Road NW border the neighbourhood of Henderson Estates, and provide excellent access to Terwillegar Drive NW (170th Street SW), which will take residents a few minutes south to the Anthony Henday or a few minutes north to Whitemud Drive. Several major bus routes take commuters to the Leger Transit Centre, just a few minutes from Henderson Estates and steps from Terwillegar Recreation Centre. From Leger Transit Centre, there are several bus routes that will take commuters to South Campus Transit Centre and LRT Station, and Century Park Transit Centre and LRT Station.
For more information of specific bus routes, please visit: http://etstripplanner.edmonton.ca/PlanYourTrip.aspx
I hope you have found this information helpful and relevant to your home search. If there is anything else you would like to know about the community of Henderson Estates, or homes in the area, please feel free to contact us, we’d be happy to assist you in any way we can.
Riverbend Edmonton Communities
Start searching for your dream home now.
When it comes to convenience, our site is unparalleled. Whether you're in the comfort of your home, or on the go.
Our site works flawlessly on multiple devices so you can find the information you need.