Real Estate Statistics
Community statistics are calculated by Real Estate Webmasters and are for illustration purposes only, accuracy is not guaranteed.
Property Types (active listings)
RHATIGAN RIDGE REAL ESTATE LISTINGS
What's your home worth?
Get a FREE Comparative Market Analysis in today's market.
The large community of Rhatigan Ridge stretches all the way from Terwilligar Drive NW (170th Street SW) at its east to Terwillegar Park and breathtaking views of the North Saskatchewan River at its west. This neighbourhood was built in the 1980’s and 1990’s and was named for Thomas Rhatigan, an Edmonton area farmer who won the title of “World Oat King” at Toronto’s Royal Winter Fair in 1953, 1966, and 1970. Although the majority of Rhatigan Ridge homes are enormous architectural splendors and beautifully unique single-family homes, there are also a few duplex and row-home options.
Rhatigan Ridge FAQs
What schools do I have access to in Rhatigan Ridge?
Earl Buxton School (Elementary, K-6)
Riverbend School (Junior High, 7-9)
Strathcona School (Senior High, 10-12)
Lillian Osborne School (Senior High, 10-12)
St. Monica (Pre-K, Elementary)
St. Mary (Elementary, K-6)
Archbishop Joseph MacNeill (Elementary, Junior High, K-9)
Mother Margaret Mary (Senior High, 10-12)
What amenities are near Rhatigan Ridge?
- At the southeastern most tip of the neighbourhood of Rhatigan Ridge is the conveniently situated Riverbend Square Shopping Centre, where residents will have access to a full range of restaurants, shopping, and services. For dinning, Riverbend Square includes an A&W, Second Cup, Subway, Wok N’ Go, a 24-hour MacDonald’s, Domino’s Pizza, Quizno’s, Pho’s Xpress, Curry Corner, Saigon Cuisine, and Oliveto. A Safeway is conveniently located in the heart of Riverbend Square, and right next door is a Shopper’s Drug Mart, M&M Food Market, a registry, and a Dollar Store. A liquor store, several banks, a fitness centre, and the Riverbend location of the Edmonton Public Library are just some of the amenities that residents of Rhatigan Ridge will be able to enjoy.
- A few minutes up Riverbend Road from Rhatigan Ridge is the small shopping complex of Terwillegar Park Shopping Centre. This little spot is a great place for the kids to walk in the summer to get slurpies from the 7-Eleven, and also contains amenities such as: Riverbend Barbershop, Hair Extensions by Barbara Lorraine, Secret Sweets, Caesar’s School of Music, an Edward Jones location, as well as a Generation’s Kindergarten and Greenfield Community Nursery School.
- Terwillegar Professional Centre is located just at the corner of Terwillegar Drive and Riverbend Road (before it becomes 23rd Avenue) and contains several wonderful amenities for the neighbourhood such as: a Mac’s convenient store, Pizza 73, The Medicine Shoppe, Bikate Salon, Dental Oasis, and Edmonton Fire Station 24.
- Five-minute southeast along Rabbit Hill Road from Rhatigan Ridge is a commercial hub located at the intersection of 23rd Avenue and Rabbit Hill Road. This commercial centre is made up of Terwillegar Heights Towne Square, The Market at Magrath, and Shoppes of Terwillegar Gardens. This intersection of amenities offers dine-in restaurants including an Original Joe’s, Hart’s Table & Bar, Delux Burger Bar, Famoso Neapolitan Pizzaria, Amore Pasta. This hot spot also provides dine-in/take-out/fast food options like KFC, Taco Bell, Edo Japan, Little Caesars, Dairy Queen, Tokyo Express, Orange Julius, Starbucks, Subway, Panago Pizza, and Tim Hortons. Some of the services available to the area range from liquor stores, to car washes, to banks, to grocery stores, to gas stations, fitness centres, and salons.
- Less than ten-minutes south along Terwillegar Drive NW (170th Street SW) will take residents of Rhatigan Ridge to the Currents of Windermere. This huge shopping district offers a variety of big chain stores such as Wal-Mart, London Drugs, Canadian Tire, Cabela’s, Home Depot, Wine and Beyond, Winners and HomeSense to name just a few. It also contains many amenities like massage, dental and doctor’s offices, medical imaging, hair and nail salons, banking, as well as a conveniently located Safeway. For a night-out, Currents of Windermere gives the surrounding communities prime access to Cineplex Odeon Windermere Cinemas and VIP where you can enjoy a glass of wine or beer while watching the latest blockbuster in spacious seating, along with many dining options such as, Brown’s Socialhouse, Chilli’s Texas Grill, Boston Pizza, Montana’s Cookhouse, Red Robins, and (soon-to-come) Milestones and The Keg. For quick dining there is a large variety of take-out, drive-through, and dine-in options, including but not limited to: MacDonalds, Tim Hortons, Quiznos, Starbucks, Coras, and Five Guys Burgers and Fries. This is not a comprehensive list of shopping and amenities within Currents of Windermere as it is continuing to expand.
For more information and a complete list, please visit: http://www.shopcurrents.ca
- Located on the opposite side of Terwillegar Drive (170th Street SW) from the Currents of Windermere is Windermere Crossing. This is a smaller shopping hub than the Currents of Windermere, but it includes a Superstore, a tailors, a nail salon, Starbucks, a liquor store, several banks, as well as dining options like: Teriyaki Corner, Subway, Chopped Leaf, Dairy Queen, Panago Pizza, and State and Main. This is another commercial centre within the community that is continuing to grow, with new businesses being added often.
For more information, please visit: http://www.camdevcorp.com/projects/windermere-crossing/
- At the northeastern corner of Rhatigan Ridge, along Terwillegar Drive NW (170th Street SW), is the Terwillegar Heights Shopping Centre, a small complex with an Esso gas station, a dental office, veterinary clinic, liquor store, a hair salon, as well as dining options such as Pizza Hut, and The Bend Lounge.
- Across Terwillegar Drive from Terwillegar Heights Shopping Centre is another small commercial centre called Brookview Plaza, which is within walking distance to the neighbourhood of Rhatigan Ridge. Brookview Plaza has additional amenities such as: Boston Pizza, a dental office, a Husky gas station, a pet groomer, a Montressori Child Development Centre, and a Gymboree Play & Music Centre.
Start Searching For Your Next Home
Intuitive search features make finding your next home fast and easy.Start Searching
What types of recreation are near Rhatigan Ridge?
- Rhatigan Ridge boasts stunning views of the North Saskatchewan River and has lovely walking trails leading down into Terwillegar Park, an enormous off-leash dog park in the heart of the beautiful river valley. This park is a beautiful spot for a walk, run, or bike ride along the network of nature trails.
- In the heart of Rhatigan Ridge residents will also find several smaller neighbourhood parks, as well as the large open area of Thomas Rhatigan Park. Thomas Rhatigan Park contains several schools, which provides multiple playground options for the kids.
- Travelling south along Riverbend Road- which becomes 23rd Avenue as soon as you cross Terwillegar Drive NW (170th Street)- for just a few minutes, is the Terwillegar Recreation Centre, which has several ice-rinks, an enormous workout area, a large swimming centre, and several fast-food restaurants.
For more information about Terwillegar Recreation Centre, as well as a full list of their amenities and programs please visit: https://www.edmonton.ca/activities_parks_recreation/terwillegar.aspx
- Rhatigan Ridge is just a ten-minute drive from three lovely golf courses: River Ridge (both a public and private club), Windermere Golf and Country Club (exclusively members-only for golf, but does host public events such as parties and weddings), and Jagar Ridge Golf Club, which is a public course.
Does Rhatigan Ridge have a community league?
- Rhatigan Ridge is part of Riverbend Community League, which includes the surrounding communities of Brander Gardens, Brookside, and Ramsay Heights. The community league hosts events and activities in the area.
For more information, please visit: https://www.riverbendonline.ca
What is commuting like in Rhatigan Ridge?
- Riverbend Road NW runs through the centre of Rhatigan Ridge, which is bordered at its east by Terwillegar Drive NW (170th Street SW), and Rabbit Hill Road along its south. Terwillegar Drive NW (170th Street SW) takes Rhatigan Ridge residents a few minutes south to the Anthony Henday or a few minutes north to Whitemud Drive. Several major bus routes take commuters to the Leger Transit Centre, just a few minutes from Rhatigan Ridge and steps from Terwillegar Recreation Centre. From Leger Transit Centre, there are several bus routes that will take commuters to South Campus Transit Centre and LRT Station, and Century Park Transit Centre and LRT Station.
For more information of specific bus routes, please visit: http://etstripplanner.edmonton.ca/PlanYourTrip.aspx
I hope you have found this information helpful and relevant to your home search. If there is anything else you would like to know about the community of Rhatigan Ridge, or homes in the area, please feel free to contact us, we’d be happy to assist you in any way we can.
Riverbend Edmonton Communities
Start searching for your dream home now.
When it comes to convenience, our site is unparalleled. Whether you're in the comfort of your home, or on the go.
Our site works flawlessly on multiple devices so you can find the information you need.