Real Estate Statistics
Community statistics are calculated by Real Estate Webmasters and are for illustration purposes only, accuracy is not guaranteed.
Property Types (active listings)
BULYEA HEIGHTS REAL ESTATE LISTINGS
What's your home worth?
Get a FREE Comparative Market Analysis in today's market.
Overlooking the Whitemud Creek at its eastern border is the is the picturesque community of Bulyea Heights, named after the first Lieutenant-Governor of Alberta, George H. V. Bulyea. This community of mainly single-family homes was built in the late 1980’s and 1990’s and has mature trees growing along manicured streets, beautiful walking trails and views, as well as convenient access to Whitemud Drive.
Bulyea Heights FAQs
What schools are in Bulyea Heights?
George H. Luck School (Elementary, K-6)
Riverbend School (Junior High, 7-9)
Strathcona School (Senior High, 10-12)
Lillian Osborne School (Senior High, 10-12)
St. Monica (Pre-K, Elementary)
Archbishop Joseph MacNeill (Elementary, Junior High, K-9)
Mother Margaret Mary (Senior High, 10-12)
What amenities are near Bulyea Heights?
- Right in the heart of Bulyea Heights is the conveniently located Brookview Plaza. This small commercial spot has amenities such as: Boston Pizza, a dental office, a Husky gas station, a pet groomer, a Montressori Child Development Centre, and a Gymboree Play & Music Centre.
- Across from Brookview Plaza, on the other side of Terwillegar Drive NW (170th Street SW), is the Terwillegar Heights Shopping Centre, which provides Bulyea Heights residents access to an Esso gas station, a dental office, veterinary clinic, liquor store, a hair salon, as well as dining options such as Pizza Hut, and The Bend Lounge.
- Crossing the intersection of Terwillegar Drive NW (170th Street SW) and Rabbit Hill Road at the southwestern most point of Bulyea Heights is the conveniently situated Riverbend Square Shopping Centre, where residents will have access to a full range of restaurants, shopping, and services. For dinning, Riverbend Square includes an A&W, Second Cup, Subway, Wok N’ Go, a 24-hour MacDonald’s, Domino’s Pizza, Quizno’s, Pho’s Xpress, Curry Corner, Saigon Cuisine, and Oliveto. A Safeway is conveniently located in the heart of Riverbend Square, and right next door is a Shopper’s Drug Mart, M&M Food Market, a registry, and a Dollar Store. A liquor store, several banks, a fitness centre, and the Riverbend location of the Edmonton Public Library are just steps from the neighbourhood of Bulyea Heights.
- Two-minute southeast along Rabbit Hill Road from Bulyea Heights is a commercial hub located at the intersection of 23rd Avenue and Rabbit Hill Road. This commercial centre is made up of Terwillegar Heights Towne Square, The Market at Magrath, and Shoppes of Terwillegar Gardens. This intersection of amenities offers dine-in restaurants including an Original Joe’s, Hart’s Table & Bar, Delux Burger Bar, Famoso Neapolitan Pizzaria, Amore Pasta. This hot spot also provides dine-in/take-out/fast food options like KFC, Taco Bell, Edo Japan, Little Caesars, Dairy Queen, Tokyo Express, Orange Julius, Starbucks, Subway, Panago Pizza, and Tim Hortons. Some of the services available to the area range from liquor stores, to car washes, to banks, to grocery stores, to gas stations, fitness centres, and salons.
- Terwillegar Professional Centre is located just at the corner of Terwillegar Drive and Riverbend Road (before it becomes 23rd Avenue) and contains several wonderful amenities such as: a Mac’s convenient store, Pizza 73, The Medicine Shoppe, Bikate Salon, Dental Oasis, and Edmonton Fire Station 24.
- Less than ten-minutes south along Terwillegar Drive NW (170th Street SW) will take residents of Bulyea Heights to the Currents of Windermere. This huge shopping district offers a variety of big chain stores such as Wal-Mart, London Drugs, Canadian Tire, Cabela’s, Home Depot, Wine and Beyond, Winners and HomeSense to name just a few. It also contains many amenities like massage, dental and doctor’s offices, medical imaging, hair and nail salons, banking, as well as a conveniently located Safeway. For a night-out, Currents of Windermere gives the surrounding communities prime access to Cineplex Odeon Windermere Cinemas and VIP where you can enjoy a glass of wine or beer while watching the latest blockbuster in spacious seating, along with many dining options such as, Brown’s Socialhouse, Chilli’s Texas Grill, Boston Pizza, Montana’s Cookhouse, Red Robins, and (soon-to-come) Milestones and The Keg. For quick dining there is a large variety of take-out, drive-through, and dine-in options, including but not limited to: MacDonalds, Tim Hortons, Quiznos, Starbucks, Coras, and Five Guys Burgers and Fries. This is not a comprehensive list of shopping and amenities within Currents of Windermere as it is continuing to expand.
For more information and a complete list, please visit: http://www.shopcurrents.ca
- Located on the opposite side of Terwillegar Drive (170th Street SW) from the Currents of Windermere is Windermere Crossing. This is a smaller shopping hub than the Currents of Windermere, but it includes a Superstore, a tailors, a nail salon, Starbucks, a liquor store, several banks, as well as dining options like: Teriyaki Corner, Subway, Chopped Leaf, Dairy Queen, Panago Pizza, and State and Main. This is another commercial centre within the community that is continuing to grow, with new businesses being added often.
For more information, please visit: http://www.camdevcorp.com/projects/windermere-crossing/
Start Searching For Your Next Home
Intuitive search features make finding your next home fast and easy.Start Searching
Are there any recreational activities near Bulyea Heights?
- The community of Bulyea Heights has convenient access to Whitemud Creek, a system of peaceful nature trails where residents can run or walk in the serene river valley.
- Rainbow Valley Park is located just a few minutes away from the neighbourhood of Bulyea Heights, and gives residents ultra convenient access to Snow Valley Ski Club, Snow Valley Aerial Park, Rainbow Valley Campground, and all the lovely trails and park systems of Rainbow Valley Park.
- Just west along Rabbit Hill Road from Bulyea Heights is Terwillegar Park, an enormous off-leash dog park in the heart of the beautiful river valley. This park is a beautiful spot for a walk, run, or bike ride along the network of nature trails.
- GHV Bulyea Park is located at the western border of the community as gives residents of Bulyea Heights playground access and lovely walking trails.
- A quick drive south along Terwillegar Drive is the Terwillegar Recreation Centre, which has several ice-rinks, an enormous workout area, a large swimming centre, and several fast-food restaurants.
For more information about Terwillegar Recreation Centre, as well as a full list of their amenities and programs please visit: https://www.edmonton.ca/activities_parks_recreation/terwillegar.aspx
- Bulyea Heights is just a ten-minute drive from three lovely golf courses: River Ridge (both a public and private club), Windermere Golf and Country Club (exclusively members-only for golf, but does host public events such as parties and weddings), and Jagar Ridge Golf Club, which is a public course.
Does Bulyea Heights have a community league?
- Bulyea Heights is part of Brookview Community League. The community league hosts events and activities in the area.
For more information, please visit: https://brookviewcommunityleague.ca
What is commuting like in Bulyea Heights?
- The neighbourhood of Bulyea Heights has excellent access to some of Edmonton’s best roadways. Just minutes south along the western-bordering Terwillegar Drive NW (170th Street SW) to the Anthony Henday, or moments north to Whitemud Drive, which borders the northern edge of Bulyea Heights, residents can be almost anywhere in the city fast and conveniently.
- Several major bus routes take commuters to the Leger Transit Centre, just a few minutes from Bulyea Heights and steps from Terwillegar Recreation Centre. From Leger Transit Centre, there are several bus routes that will take commuters to South Campus Transit Centre and LRT Station, and Century Park Transit Centre and LRT Station.
For more information of specific bus routes, please visit: http://etstripplanner.edmonton.ca/PlanYourTrip.aspx
I hope you have found this information helpful and relevant to your home search. If there is anything else you would like to know about the community of Bulyea Heights, or homes in the area, please feel free to contact us, we’d be happy to assist you in any way we can.
Riverbend Edmonton Communities
Start searching for your dream home now.
When it comes to convenience, our site is unparalleled. Whether you're in the comfort of your home, or on the go.
Our site works flawlessly on multiple devices so you can find the information you need.