Real Estate Statistics
Community statistics are calculated by Real Estate Webmasters and are for illustration purposes only, accuracy is not guaranteed.
Property Types (active listings)
LEGER REAL ESTATE LISTINGS
What's your home worth?
Get a FREE Comparative Market Analysis in today's market.
The lovely community of Leger is one of the newer neighbourhoods in Terwilligar, mostly made up of single-family homes. Situated conveniently around the Terwilligar Recreation Centre, the Leger Transit Centre, several schools and park systems, shopping, as well as roadways like 23rd Avenue and The Anthony Henday, this community is set apart by its accessibility to major amenities while being nestled between the Whitemud creek and North Saskatchewan River parklands.
What schools are accessible in Leger?
George H. Luck School (Elementary, K-6)
Riverbend School (Junior High, 7-9)
Lillian Osborne School (Senior High, 10-12)
St. Monica (Pre-K, Elementary)
Archbishop Joseph MacNeill (Elementary, Junior High, K-9)
Mother Margaret Mary (Junior High, Senior High, 9-12)
What amenities are near Leger?
- Right at the doorstep of the community of Leger is Terwillegar Heights Towne Square, The Market at Magrath, and Shoppes of Terwillegar Gardens. This complex of commercial centres is located at the intersection of Rabbit Hill Road and 23rd Avenue. This intersection of amenities offers dine-in restaurants including an Original Joe’s, Hart’s Table & Bar, Delux Burger Bar, Famoso Neapolitan Pizzaria, Amore Pasta. This area also provides dine-in/take-out/fast food options like KFC, Taco Bell, Edo Japan, Little Caesars, Dairy Queen, Tokyo Express, Orange Julius, Starbucks, Subway, Panago Pizza, and Tim Hortons. Some of the services available to the area range from liquor stores, to car washes, to banks, to grocery stores, to gas stations, fitness centres, and salons.
- Leger is also just a short drive away from Riverbend Square Shopping Centre, which has a full range of restaurants, shopping, and services. For dinning, Riverbend Square includes an A&W, Second Cup, Subway, Wok N’ Go, a 24-hour MacDonald’s, Domino’s Pizza, Quizno’s, Pho’s Xpress, Curry Corner, Saigon Cuisine, and Oliveto. A Safeway is conveniently located in the heart of Riverbend Square, and right next door is a Shopper’s Drug Mart, M&M Food Market, a registry, and a Dollar Store. A liquor store, several banks, a fitness centre, and the Riverbend location of the Edmonton Public Library are just some of the conveniences available to the community of Leger.
- A quick drive south down Terwillegar Drive (170th Street SW), Leger residents have convenient access to Currents of Windermere. This huge shopping district offers a variety of big chain stores such as Wal-Mart, London Drugs, Canadian Tire, Cabela’s, Home Depot, Wine and Beyond, Winners and HomeSense to name just a few. It also contains many amenities like massage, dental and doctor’s offices, medical imaging, hair and nail salons, banking, as well as a conveniently located Safeway. For a night-out, Currents of Windermere gives the surrounding communities prime access to Cineplex Odeon Windermere Cinemas and VIP where you can enjoy a glass of wine or beer while watching the latest blockbuster in spacious seating, along with many dining options such as, Brown’s Socialhouse, Chilli’s Texas Grill, Boston Pizza, Montana’s Cookhouse, Red Robins, and (soon-to-come) Milestones and The Keg. For quick dining there is a large variety of take-out, drive-through, and dine-in options, including but not limited to: MacDonalds, Tim Hortons, Quiznos, Starbucks, Coras, and Five Guys Burgers and Fries. This is not a comprehensive list of shopping and amenities within Currents of Windermere as it is continuing to expand.
For more information and a complete list, please visit: http://www.shopcurrents.ca
- The same distance from Leger, but located on the opposite side of Terwillegar Drive (170th Street SW) from the Currents of Windermere is Windermere Crossing. This is a smaller shopping hub than the Currents of Windermere, but it includes a Superstore, a tailors, a nail salon, Starbucks, a liquor store, several banks, as well as dining options like: Teriyaki Corner, Subway, Chopped Leaf, Dairy Queen, Panago Pizza, and State and Main. This is another commercial centre within the community that is continuing to grow, with new businesses being added often.
For more information, please visit: http://www.camdevcorp.com/projects/windermere-crossing/
Start Searching For Your Next Home
Intuitive search features make finding your next home fast and easy.Start Searching
What types of recreation are available near Leger?
- The Terwillegar Recreation Centre is nestled right into the heart of the community of Leger, within walking distance for almost anyone in the neighbourhood. This brand new facility has several ice-rinks, an enormous workout area, a large swimming centre, and several fast-food restaurants.
For more information about Terwillegar Recreation Centre, as well as a full list of their amenities and programs please visit: https://www.edmonton.ca/activities_parks_recreation/terwillegar.aspx
- Leger residents will also find themselves just a five-minute drive from one of Edmonton’s most serene off-leash dog parks: Terwilligar Park. This park is an enormous park the heart of the beautiful river valley; a great place for walking your dog, but also a fantastic system of trails for biking.
- Within a ten minute drive of Leger are three lovely golf courses nestled into the lush fauna against the bank of the North Saskatchewan River: River Ridge (both a public and private club), Windermere Golf and Country Club (exclusively members-only for golf, but does host public events such as parties and weddings), and Jagar Ridge Golf Club, which is a public course.
- The MacTaggart Sanctuary Trail is just a five-minute drive from Leger, east along 23rd Avenue. This trail system winds its way through the lush forest surrounding the Whitemud Creek. This is an on-leash area, great for a nature walk, bird watching, or a peaceful run.
Does Leger have a community league?
- Leger is part of Oak Hills Community League, which also includes the community of Carter Crest. The community league hosts events and activities in the area.
For more information, please visit: http://www.oakhillsonline.ca/index.html
What is commuting like in Leger?
- The community of Leger is within walking distance of Leger Transit Centre, and is only a five minute drive from the Anthony Henday to its south and less than ten minutes to Whitemud Drive to its north, so commuting from Leger to almost anywhere in the city should not be an issue. Terwillegar Drive (170th Street SW) borders its west, and 23rd Avenue borders its south. From Leger Transit Centre, there are several bus routes that will take commuters to South Campus Transit Centre and LRT Station, and Century Park Transit Centre and LRT Station.
For more information of specific bus routes, please visit:http://etstripplanner.edmonton.ca/PlanYourTrip.aspx
I hope you have found this information helpful and relevant to your home search. If there is anything else you would like to know about the community of Leger, or homes in the area, please feel free to contact us, we’d be happy to assist you in any way we can.
Riverbend Edmonton Communities
Start searching for your dream home now.
When it comes to convenience, our site is unparalleled. Whether you're in the comfort of your home, or on the go.
Our site works flawlessly on multiple devices so you can find the information you need.