Real Estate Statistics
Community statistics are calculated by Real Estate Webmasters and are for illustration purposes only, accuracy is not guaranteed.
Property Types (active listings)
OGILVIE RIDGE REAL ESTATE LISTINGS
What's your home worth?
Get a FREE Comparative Market Analysis in today's market.
Punctuated by a large clock tower at its entrance is the community of Ogilvie Ridge. Not only does this community have a fountain pond outside Whitemud Creek Community Centre and the spacious Ogilvie Ridge Park, but it also overlooks the picturesque Whitemud Creek Ravine bordering its East. Walking pathways lead into the ravine from the community of Ogilvie Ridge, allowing resident easy access to the walking and hiking trails. Rabbit Hill Road borders the community to the west, and 23rd Ave at its south. Two-thirds of the impressive homes in this neighbourhood were built in the 1980’s, adding to the mature feel of the neighbourhood.
Ogilvie Ridge FAQs
What schools do I have access to in Ogilvie Ridge?
George H. Luck School (Elementary, K-6)
Riverbend School (Junior High, 7-9)
Lillian Osborne School (Senior High, 10-12)
Strathcona School (High School, 10-12)
St. Monica (Pre-K, Elementary)
Archbishop Joseph MacNeill (Elementary, Junior High, K-9)
Mother Margaret Mary (Senior High, 10-12)
What amenities are near Ogilvie Ridge?
- For people living in the community of Ogilvie Ridge, a quick five-minute drive south along Rabbit Hill Road provides convenient access to the ever-expanding Currents of Windermere. This huge shopping district offers a variety of big chain stores such as Wal-Mart, London Drugs, Canadian Tire, Cabela’s, Home Depot, Wine and Beyond, Winners and HomeSense to name just a few. It also contains many amenities like massage, dental and doctor’s offices, medical imaging, hair and nail salons, banking, as well as a conveniently located Safeway. For a night-out, Currents of Windermere gives the surrounding communities prime access to Cineplex Odeon Windermere Cinemas and VIP where you can enjoy a glass of wine or beer while watching the latest blockbuster in spacious seating, along with many dining options such as, Brown’s Socialhouse, Chilli’s Texas Grill, Boston Pizza, Montana’s Cookhouse, Red Robins, and (soon-to-come) Milestones and The Keg. For quick dining there is a large variety of take-out, drive-through, and dine-in options, including but not limited to: MacDonalds, Tim Hortons, Quiznos, Starbucks, Coras, and Five Guys Burgers and Fries. This is not a comprehensive list of shopping and amenities within Currents of Windermere as it is continuing to expand.
For more information and a complete list, please visit: http://www.shopcurrents.ca
- Located on the opposite side of Terwillegar Drive (170th Street SW) from the Currents of Windermere, and a short drive down Windermere Blvd, is Windermere Crossing. This is a smaller shopping hub than the Currents of Windermere, but it includes a Superstore, a tailor, a nail salon, Starbucks, a liquor store, several banks, as well as dining options like: Teriyaki Corner, Subway, Chopped Leaf, Dairy Queen, Panago Pizza, and State and Main. This is another commercial centre within the community that is continuing to grow, with new businesses being added often.
For more information, please visit: http://www.camdevcorp.com/projects/windermere-crossing/
- Terwillegar Heights Towne Square, The Market at Magrath, and Shoppes of Terwillegar Gardens are a hub of more commercial just down Rabbit Hill Road from Ogilvie Ridge as it intersects with 23rd Avenue. This intersection of amenities offers dine-in restaurants including an Original Joe’s, Hart’s Table & Bar, Delux Burger Bar, Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria, Amore Pasta. This commercial complex also provide dine-in/take-out/fast food options like KFC, Taco Bell, Edo Japan, Little Caesars, Dairy Queen, Tokyo Express, Orange Julius, Starbucks, Subway, Panago Pizza, and Tim Hortons. Some of the services available to the area range from liquor stores, to car washes, to banks, to grocery stores, to gas stations, fitness centres, and salons.
- A quick drive up Rabbit Hill Road will provide residents of Ogilvie Ridge with convenient access to Riverbend Square Shopping Centre. This shopping complex has a full range of restaurants, shopping, and services. For dinning, Riverbend Square includes an A&W, Second Cup, Subway, Wok N’ Go, a 24-hour MacDonald’s, Domino’s Pizza, Quizno’s, Pho’s Xpress, Curry Corner, Saigon Cuisine, and Oliveto. A Safeway is conveniently located in the heart of Riverbend Square, and right next door is a Shopper’s Drug Mart, M&M Food Market, a registry, and a Dollar Store. Just some of the amenities available to the community of Ogilvie Ridge in this hub are: several banks, a liquor store, a fitness centre, and the Riverbend location of the Edmonton Public Library.
What kind of recreation is available near Ogilvie Ridge?
- Because Ogilvie Ridge overlooks the pristine Whitemud Creek Ravine, residents have their very own access to the system of peaceful nature trails where residents can run or walk in the serene river valley.
- Ogilvie Ridge is a two-minute drive west along Rabbit Hill Road to Terwillegar Park, an enormous off-leash dog park in the heart of the beautiful river valley. Even for those without a dog, this park is a wonderful place to go for a bike ride, hike, bird-watch, or just walk along the river’s edge. The parks and the North Saskatchewan River provide this community’s residents with a unique balance of convenience and nature.
- A short drive along Rabbit Hill Road and then 23rd Ave take residents of Ogilvie Ridge to Terwillegar Recreation Centre. This new facility has several ice-rinks, an enormous workout area, a large swimming centre, and several fast-food restaurants.
For more information about Terwillegar Recreation Centre, as well as a full list of their amenities and programs please visit: https://www.edmonton.ca/activities_parks_recreation/terwillegar.aspx
- Within a ten minute drive of Ogilvie Ridge are three lovely golf courses nestled into the lush fauna against the bank of the North Saskatchewan River: River Ridge (both a public and private club), Windermere Golf and Country Club (exclusively members-only for golf, but does host public events such as parties and weddings), and Jagar Ridge Golf Club, which is a public course.
Does Ogilvie Ridge have a community league?
- Ogilvie Ridge Community League operates out of the Whitemud Creek Community Centre, a beautiful facility in the heart of the community, which can be rented out for special events, community events, and business seminars.
For more information, please visit: http://whitemudcreek.ca/ogilvie-ridge-community-league
What is commuting like in Ogilvie Ridge?
- With fantastic access to major roadways and public transit, commuting from the community of Ogilvie Ridge is a both fast and convenient. With only a short drive down Rabbit Hill Road, residents can be on the Anthony Henday in minutes. Whitemud Drive can be reached along the nearby Terwillegar Drive (170th Street SW) and Leger Transit Centre is just a few minutes away.
For more information of specific bus routes, please visit: http://etstripplanner.edmonton.ca/PlanYourTrip.aspx
I hope you have found this information helpful and relevant to your home search. If there is anything else you would like to know about there community of Ogilvie Ridge, or homes in the area, please feel free to contact us, we’d be happy to assist you in any way we can.
Riverbend Edmonton Communities
Start searching for your dream home now.
When it comes to convenience, our site is unparalleled. Whether you're in the comfort of your home, or on the go.
Our site works flawlessly on multiple devices so you can find the information you need.